Photo by Melinda Sue Photography
I live in Madison, WI with my amazing partner, John and our two sweet, wild, and funny little kiddos. We spend countless hours outside, hiking and playing in the mud.
I was a Montessori teacher before my littles were born and I always try to bring a bit of that lens into my work.
I've always been fascinated by photography, how it captures a moment, a family legacy, and passes it on.
I take tons of photos of my kids, I feel like it's so important to get in the photos with my kids (although I don't really know how to self portrait well yet!). I want my children to have beautiful, real images of their childhood adventures.
Fun fact: My dad had a dark room when I was tiny. Do you remember those light boxes for slides and little magnifying glasses? I thought those were magical! I used to love looking at my parent's honeymoon and my brothers' baby slides.
I love authentic, emotive images that tell the story of right now. The little details, like how tiny your child's hand is in yours or the way they hold sticks in the mud. The kind of images that future generations will find the magic in!
I am committed to creating safe spaces in all parts of my life, both personal and business. In serving every client, I want to consider the intersections of oppression and meet each person where they are.
1. Urban Farming. We have chickens, bees and grow veggies and local pollinator plants in our little northside garden.
2. Kitchen Dance Parties. I met my husband doing lindy hop in college, now we do kitchen dance parties to terrible music. Still awesome!
3. Travel! I love traveling with the kids. It's magical to see new places through their eyes!
4. Dogs! We have a 14 year old border collie and a wild blue heeler puppy.
5. Getting muddy with the kids and dogs.
6. Hot summer evenings with perfect golden sunlight.
connect over at @mckennapatterson.photography